Friday, September 13, 2013

My Investment Portfolio



On Friday, September 6, 2013, our fifth grandchild joined our family. His name is Boyd Josiah Brooks, named after his father and his grandfather. He weighed 8 lbs and was 20 ¾ inches long. He is a very handsome boy. He has two big sisters, Adela age 5 and Eliana age 3, who are very excited about their new brother. We are all excited to watch him grow and develop in the special way that God has designed for him.

I have had the opportunity to hold him and gaze into his little face with wonderment. Each time I hold one of these grandkids I stand in complete awe of the creator-God. He has formed them and has made each so unique. Holding little Josiah, these words from David seem to take on new meaning:
 
 Psalms 139:10-15

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

I really enjoy these grandkids, and I spend as much time as I can with them. They bring so much joy and excitement to our lives. I never know how they will respond to my questions and teasing. Most of the time, I am completely speechless.

I consider my grandkids to be my primary investment portfolio in life. I don’t how many years I have left on the earth, but ever how many they are, I want them to be fruitful. I want to be able to invest in the lives of these special people the way Marilyn and I did into our children.

We often hear about the risks and disappointments of getting older. I want to tell you that one of the best things that has happened in my life is becoming a grandpa. I intend to enjoy this to the hilt.

I don’t get see my California grandkids as often as I would like. However, they will be coming to Missouri in November, so I plan on spending some time with Donovan age 6, and Caitlin age 3.





No comments:

Post a Comment