Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Choose Life


After World War II was over, one of the most difficult things was for people to come to grips with the horrors of what the Nazis had done. The mind simply didn’t want to believe it was true. How was it possible that such a mass murder had been planned and executed? How does one group of people decide to eliminate another group of people because they don’t like them? Where were the people to protest and stop this atrocity? Some people looked for answers, but most tried to forget what happened and shrugged off responsibility for the murderers’ actions, thereby avoiding any personal guilt.
World War II had its own brutalities, but we are in the twenty-first century, and we are past that now. Think again. Our generation is now the author of the greatest genocide in history. Our country not only kills over a million babies a year, but we try to get as many nations as possible to follow our example. 
I say with shame that none of us is guiltless. If not guilty by complicit crime, we are at least implicit in this barbarism. Roe vs. Wade is the great hoax of the millennium because it was all done under the guise of compassion and concern for women’s rights. This sham has to be exposed, and the only way that will happen is if each of us who believe in life says “That’s enough!” “I will not live with these lies any longer.” “I will call abortion what it truly is—murder!”
Each year on this Sunday I am compelled to come back to this topic. I cannot live with myself and keep silence on this subject. I live in one of the most powerful and advanced nations on the face of the earth, and yet for the last 39 years, we have, as a nation, allowed the wholesale murder of innocent victims. How could we be so smart and prosperous and at the same time so cruel to our unborn? To remain silent on such an important issue is to devalue human life. I speak today to honor the lives of the 54 million little babies that never lived to see the light of day. I speak today to stir our consciences so that we will not become numb to the American Holocaust that we know as legal abortion. I speak with the hope that one day we shall see this atrocity end!
I have, for many years now, been a voice for the unborn, and I shall continue to do so.  I do not know how much good I am doing, but I do know that I cannot retain my integrity if I remain silent. One of the things that becomes apparent to me is that every year we learn a little more of how awful this genocide has become. Currently, two abortion doctors are facing murder charges in the state of Maryland. When police searched their abortion clinic looking for the medical records of an 18 year old patient with complications, they found something horrifying. They spotted around 35 fetuses in a freezer. Some of these appeared to be close to full-term. I am convinced, that as we continue to make in-roads into these dark and secretive abortion clinics, much more of the same will be revealed (http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-12-30/news).
Deuteronomy 30:19
“This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.”


No comments:

Post a Comment