When life feels like it is on hold, we are
most apt to feel discouraged.
Aleksandr
Solzhenitsyn writes in The Gulag Archipelago the benefits of his prison
experience:
…In the intoxication
of youthful successes I had felt myself to be infallible, and I was therefore
cruel. In the surfeit of power I was a murderer, and an oppressor. In my most
evil moments I was convinced that I was doing good, and I was well supplied
with systematic arguments. And it was only when I lay there on rotting prison
straw that I sensed within myself the first stirrings of good. Gradually, it
was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through
states, not between classes, not between political parties either—but right
through every human heart—and through all human hearts…So, bless you, prison,
for having been in my life.
When
the Biblical Joseph wound up in prison both times, he found his way out and up
because he committed his life to the sovereignty of God. It wasn’t fair of his
brothers to sell him into slavery, nor was it fair that Potiphar’s wife
unfairly accused him of sexual assault, but he trusted God to deliver him. He
was in prison, and his life was on hold. When the Apostle Paul was in prison in
Rome, he modeled this attitude: “Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for
I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus
Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.” (Philippians
1:15-19)
It
is hard to remain faithful when life seems to be on hold, especially if we put
our confidence in man, because human beings will fail us. But we remember that
God is with us. As Jeremiah told us in one of his worst moments: “I remember my
affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have
hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions
never fail” (Lamentations 3:19:24). They are new every morning; great is
your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will
wait for him.”
We
must learn to trust God’s timing, and if we do, God will bless us in the moment
of our prison, when life is on hold. We feel we are limited, but God is not.
Our best moments can come from those times when life is on hold, and it seems
that nothing is happening. Only trust God, and he will deliver you!
Author
of Crianza Responsiva:
https://www.amazon.com/Crianza-Responsiva-Principios-conectados-saludables-ebook/dp/B08FW8Q7D5/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=crianza+responsiva&qid=1610663595&sr=8-1
No comments:
Post a Comment